Montag, 23. November 2015

Emergency Dessert

_MG_3480

_MG_3477

_MG_3482

_MG_3478

_MG_3472

As I am finishing off my last courses at University and find myself super busy and stressed about writing my thesis, I often "urgently" need some sugar to lift up my spirit after a long day of work. This is a recipe that only involves ingredients I usually keep at the house anyways. Plus, it's an easy and quick seasonal option to bring to a dinner with friends.

Ingredients:

4 apples, thinly sliced (peeling optional)
1 lemon
sugar (optional)
maple syrup to taste
cinnamon to taste
nutmeg to taste
vanilla sugar to taste
Oats
Butter

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Thinly slice the apples and put them in an oven proof dish. Add a bit of lemon juice on top and sprinkle a bit of sugar (optional), cinnamon and nutmeg on them. In a separate bowl, mix the oats with two tablespoons of maple syrup (or as much as you see fit :)), add some cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla sugar. Add 1 tablespoon of butter (the more butter you add, the better it gets but also quite unhealthy :)).

Add the oat mixture on top of the apples to create a layer of crumble. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes.

As always, I am very vague about exact measurements. I just eyeball it and it has always turned out delicious!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen