Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2015

Asparagus Season

_MG_2278

_MG_2277

If you are running out of ideas about what to cook, a great tip is to buy seasonal vegetables and then use them in different variations. Asparagus are in season at the moment, and I wanted to give a new recipe a try:

What you need:

Asparagus
Oil
Salt
Pepper
Quinoa
Coconut Milk

Preheat the oven to 220°C
Put the asparagus on a baking tray and sprinkle them with olive oil.
Add some salt and pepper.
Bake in oven for 15 minutes.

For the Quinoa: 
Cook in pan with about double the amount of water. 
Cook until the quinoa is soft and the water has evaporated.
Add 1dl of coconut milk
Add a pinch of salt.
Cook again until coconut milk has evaporated. 

I never follow a strict time or amount of water when I make my quinoa, because I have noticed that they  are never quite done when I go according to directions.  
By making the Asparagus in the oven instead of boiling them in water, they stay a lot more flavorful and crunchy. Definitely a new favorite!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen