Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014

Artifact Uprising


_MG_1791
A few weeks ago, I came across a photo book website on instagram and fell in love with their design. I had been wanting to make a travel photo book for a friend of mine for a long time, but never really liked the design of any of the local services. So I decided to give Artifact Uprising a shot, and I was SO happy with the result!

Creating the book

I decided to go for a soft cover and since we had written a travel diary during our travels, I wanted to include a lot of text. After playing around with the text grid for a bit, I figured out that I can write whole pages full of text, which I think is perfect for a travel photo book, since it is always lovely to go back and read about the hotels and cafes we loved. There are different size options available for the photos. I often chose quite a small format because I was skeptic about the quality of the photos. Lookig back now, I could have chosen a much bigger format, because the quality turned out great. 

Customer Service

This is probably what I loved most about this website. I ran into some minor problems twice and sent the customer service an email. Within minutes I got a reply, even on the weekend. Since this is a small business, you actually get to talk to a real person that is genuinely concerned with your individual problem. You don't get one of those automated, useless e-mails with a copy-paste text about how much they value you as a customer, but then no help is offered. No. Whatever question I had was addressed and the problem was either fixed or explained properly.
Price

The prices are quite affordable, but will get more expensive the more pages you add to your book. The only downside is the international shipping, which is really pricey. If you have friends in the US, try sending it to their home address and see if they can either bring it to you on their next trip or send it with the regular post office, which should be about half the price.  

If you were planning on making a photo book, give Artifact Uprising a try, I can highly recommend it, and will definitely use it again.

IMG_20141210_125550

Kommentare:

  1. Great pics!
    Baci,
    Marina
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I think I want to do this too ! :) Looks lovely.

    AntwortenLöschen