Montag, 4. August 2014

Vegan Quinoa Falafel

_MG_1016

_MG_1013

I came across this recipe on ABM, and since I cook quinoa at least once a week, I thought this would be a nice one to try. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but just added whatever I thought was delicious, and it ended up tasting absolutely amazing. Here's what I added (not using exact measurements).

For the Falafel:
Cilantro
Parsley
Quinoa (cooked)
1 can of chickpeas
Chopped onions
Chopped garlic
Salt
Pepper

For the topping:
Chickenless chicken (from Trader Joe's)
Cherry tomatoes 
Cucumbre
Avocado
(Optional for non-vegans: plain greek yoghurt and parmesan)

First I cooked the quinoa, then I added all the ingredients for the falafel and blended them in my food processor until I had a pretty homogeneous mix. Using a big spoon, I added one scoop per falafel patty in the frying pan, pressed it flat like a pancake and let it get nice and crunchy on both sides. After that, I put all the patties on a baking tray and baked them in the oven for 10 minutes. I chopped up all the toppings and put them in different bowls, so that everyone could pick and choose which ones they liked.

This is an ideal dish to make for guests, because you can make everything in advance and just have to heat up the patties in the oven. It tastes incredibly flavorful and fresh, a perfect summer dish!

_MG_1034

_MG_1006

_MG_1021

1 Kommentar:

  1. Great Post. Lovely Blog. Really loving your blog.
    I am following your blog. Hope you will follow back. xxx Keep in touch
    My blog new post click & comment

    AntwortenLöschen