Donnerstag, 10. April 2014

Home Away From Home

_MG_0612

It's not always easy living abroad. Even though I've adapted quite well and feel comfortable in the US most of the time, there's a moment here and there, where I'm reminded that I come from a completely different culture. So when I came across a cute store that sells Swiss cheese and delicious marmalade, I was so happy to be able to enjoy a classic Swiss breakfast again. It's those little things that make me feel home away from home.

--

Es ist nicht immer leicht, in einem fremden Land zu Leben. Obwohl ich mich in den USA schon gut eingelebt habe, gibt es immer wieder Momente, in denen ich merke, dass ich aus einer ganz anderen Kultur komme. Zum Glück hab ich hier einen süssen Laden gefunden, der auch Schweizer Käse und feine Konfi verkauft. Jetzt kann ich endlich wieder ein typisches Schweizer Z'morge geniessen. Solche Kleinigkeiten geben mir immer wieder ein heimeliges Gefühl, obwohl ich im Ausland bin.

_MG_0608

_MG_0614

Kommentare:

  1. how lovely it is to get a taste of home even being away. love nice and simple food like this too - cheese and fruit is the best combination <3

    Check out my latest inspiration post! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. wonderful post! Maybe you’d like to follow me too? 
    Kisses, Alina

    Project Germany

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It's nice to feel like home when you're away :)

    http://venus-fleurs.blogspot.pt/

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Beautiful post!

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen