Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2013

First Impressions

Lately, I've been shopping for a lot of new products; mainly things that had been recommended to me. Here are my first impressions:
Garnier Fructis Dry Shampoo: I actually didn't have high expectations for this product. I wash my hair quite regularly, but on the odd occasion, there might be a day where I wake up with greasy hair and have no time to wash it before work. I tried it out yesterday morning and didn't notice a big difference. It made my hair look slightly lighter and gave it a bit more volume, but I don't think my hair looked, or felt a lot cleaner. In the future I might just use it as a volumizing product.
Garnier Fructis Hydra Curls: I ran out of heat protection and randomly went for this one. Again, didn't notice any difference compared to any of the other heat protections I've used in the past. Since I already damage my hair quite a bit by bleaching it, I really shouldn't use too much heat on it. What I do love about this product is the fact that it is gel-like instead of a spray. That way I don't have to worry about getting product on my face, and it seems easier to distribute it in my hair.
Bodyshop seaweed pore cleansing facial exfoliant: If there was a perfume of this scent I would probably be the first one to buy it. Absolutely love the smell of this product, plus it exfoliates my skin without irritating it. Very happy with it so far.
Bodyshop mattifying moisture lotion: I like the fact that this lotion has SPF 15 and it is mattifying. It smells absolutely incredible and soaks in very quickly. However, I won't repurchase this cream because it doesn't feel nurishing enough for my dry skin.
Bodyshop tea tree oil: I've heard a lot of good things about this oil, which is why I bought it in the first place. The lady at the store didn't seem too convinced by it. According to her, it would still take a couple of days for the blemishes to go away. I was pleasently surprised when I realised that my blemishes did go away after only two days. 
L'oréal lip stain: Can't remember the exact name of this product, as I hadn't planned on buying it at all. The lady at the store seemed very eager to sell it to me, and I actually don't regret buying it at all. I love the subtle pink color (blossoming berry). I think this is the perfect color for people with fair skin like me. I've been using it every day since I bought it. Usually with very simple make up. Just a bit of foundation and mascara. First you need to add the color, which feels very sticky and uncomfortable on the lips. Second, you add a coat of lip balm which makes the lips feel smooth and "normal" again. The only thing I don't like about this product is the fact that it accentuates some of the wrinkles on my lips. Unlike a gloss, it doesn't create a smooth surface but seams to cling to the skin a bit and therefore makes the lips look dry. 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen