Montag, 25. Februar 2013

Home Improvement

I have been living in the new apartment for two weeks now. Today we are getting the very last piece of furniture, which is a really BIG closet for all of my clothes :) Now, it's all about adding some details to make the place feel a bit more homey:
I put this cute little mouse from IKEA in charge of all my books.

I got this little piggy from lovi as a present from my aunt. I love that it adds a pop of color to the bedroom.

A friend of mine went to Paris last week and brought me back something I had been wanting for a very long time: A diptyque candle which smells of trees and holiday memories!

One of my favorite things in the apartment is this lamp. I think it is supposed to be a nightlight for little kids, but I believe you can never be too old for a bunny lamp :) 

My own crafty little creation: A light bulb vase. I had seen this so many times on pinterest and tumbler and now I finally took the time to make one for myself. I watched this tutorial on youtube, which basically told me to crack and rip out the top part of the bulb careful enough not to break the rest of the bulb.

I am trying to always keep some fresh flowers in the living room. They remind me of the fact that spring is around the corner and that one day it WILL stop snowing here :)




Kommentare:

  1. Schön... :) wird Zeit, dass der Frühling endlich kommt. Hab auch immer Tulpen im Wohnzimmer. Meine absoluten Lieblingsblumen!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very cool rabbit light!!And how did you get the lightbulb open like that without breaking it??!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I had to be verrry careful :) i did break one though :) its learning by doing i guess :)

      Löschen
  3. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ich kann es kaum erwarten deinen grossen Schrank zu sehen:)
    Du hast sehr schöne Dekos gewählt.
    Ich mache ab und zu hobbymäßig Gelnägel in Frauenfeld, wo ich mich ausbilden lasse. Ich schicke Dir mehr Details, sobald ich einen neuen Termin kenne:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Congrats on your move! You're doing a fabulous job decorating. Moving is hard but fun because you get to start fresh.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    AntwortenLöschen