Donnerstag, 22. November 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We don't celebrate this tradition here, but since I was invited for dinner and promised to bring cupcakes, I decided to decorate them as little turkeys. Here's how I did it:

I colored a roll of marzipan with red and yellow food coloring and cut triangular pieces for the tail and the beak. 

For the eyes, I melted white chocolate and made little dots with the help of a sip-lock bag. 
With a tooth pick, I added dark chocolate for the pupils.

I then added the marzipan triangles onto my chocolate cup cake.

I added a bit of chocolate sprinkles to give it more texture.

Then I added the marzipan beak.

And finally, the eyes. Don't forget to put them in the fridge for a while before you use them, so the don't melt in your hands.

Tadaaaa, happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!

Kommentare:

  1. Congratulations for your blog, really well done, i will follow you.if you should become my supporter on my italian blog, I'll wait ..
    http://ragazzocomune.blogspot.it/
    http://scrivimidamore.blogspot.it/

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh wie süüüüüss!!! Ich bin ganz verliebt ;-)

    Ganz liebe Grüße

    fräulein glücklich

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh my, how adorable are these? Total cuties! You are so talented, and this is such a wonderful idea!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Those turkey cupcakes are so cute :)

    AntwortenLöschen